Friday, October 11, 2013

New screenprint for AMC's "The Walking Dead" art show tonite at HCG

Hello friends-  Hope you're all doing well out there... I'm stuck in the studio on a Friday night getting ready to get final work done on the next art print, but I wanted to let you all know about a new poster. Damn this one was fun...


The print was commissioned for AMC's The Walking Dead official art exibition happening at Hero Complex Gallery in LA tonight (10/11). If you're a WD fan in the LA area: I've also noticed AMC often seems to go all out for licensed events, so I'm betting it would be worth you're while to head down there.

This poster is a 21"x36" screenprint depicting Michonne saving the day in the S2 finale, "Beside the Dying Fire." There's a healthy amount of WD-style gore in there, but hopefully I captured a bit of the mystery (and twisted beauty) involved with her sudden heroic introduction.

Unfortunately I'm not going to be getting any of these for myself; due to the agreements with AMC there will be no artists' editions allowed. This means if you want to purchase any of the Walking Dead show prints you'll have to do it either at the gallery or when HCG has the online sale sometime tomorrow (10/12). Just watch their site, twitter etc. to find out when the sale is going live...

I'll talk to you again soon- I'm DEFINITELY going to have "The Desert Sands" onsale sometime next week, and also will be able to debut the new art print as well. Until then... fear the dead...
-JC

No comments: