Monday, September 16, 2013

"The Desert Sands" - New art print for August

Hello everyone- I'm happy to debut the new art print for August (yeah, August-I'm a bit late!)


"The Desert Sands" 
18x24 screen print- 7 color
Onsale date: TBA

After staying away from film-related subjects for the first 3 prints this year, decided to switch it up and dive headlong into a (well known) fictional world--although it's an imagined scene and the associated film references are subtle, those among you that know your stuff will have no problem placing the location. If you aren't into this particular series and related canon stories, it would be easy to miss the context; if that's the case, hopefully you'll just enjoy the twin suns setting over the desert...

On a related note- noticed my commissioned work for the Fall has taken a serious scif turn, and I'm excited...if I think about it, some of the most memorable nature scenes stuck in my brain aren't Earth-based (or even real), so looking forward to sharing these projects with you soon.

SHIPPING UPDATE: Shipping continues from the last sale, trying to get them all out asap but still have batches to get out early this week- hopefully I'll have everything out in the next few (as always any questions about your individual orders, just shoot me a mail)

Until then, keep a low profile friends... the Empire has spies everywhere...

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I love your work. Where will I be able to purchase this from when it drops?!?
Cheers!

Tim said...

Nice! I'm guessing Mos Eisley because I think I see some moisture evaporators and that sure looks like an Emperial Shuttle. So awesome!

JC Richard said...

Thanks guys- I'll get this one up for sale ASAP, just have to get all the pending orders out from the last sale before I do anything else-JC

Unknown said...

It's Tatooine!!!! I'm already making a space for it JC

Unknown said...

I love your work, especially the ominous fantasy/nature material! How will sale information be notified? Through your mailing list or twitter, or both?